Monday, December 27, 2010

Randy's First Hawk


It was spring of 1962 in Barrie Ontario, near camp Borden that I found a beauty on a used car lot. It was a 1958 Studebaker Silver Hawk (the photo is a Goldenhawk). it was extremely fast but at the time I wanted drag race power and this V8 automatic equipped car would not smoke the tires. And it was a different color, not red or black but Black Cherry and Beige, just a little too classy for a 19 year old RCAF photographer. So 10 days later I traded it back in even for a RED & BLACK 1957 Oldsmobile with a 371 cubic inch Rocket J2 V8 and 4 speed hydromatic transmission. it would smoke the tires anytime and pass everything but a gas station.
(It was not one of my wisest choices but that's what kids do.)

mine was not convertible


1 comment:

  1. Hey Pierce, I knew you when you raced on the Queensway west end strip in Ottawa, 1963. I remember your brown and white 58 plymouth 4door cleaning up from the rich boys. Did you put the hemi in it?
    I will call you when i'm back in BC.
    GTO JOE

    ReplyDelete