Friday, March 2, 2007

First designs





In the beginning the plan was to put a VW 1.9 TDI in my old warrior (the War Baby) dragster chassis and Andrew Kerr very kindly designed a body profile for it. Then I discovered that I could put in two engine and run one class with one hooked up and another class with both connected. Great idea as two engines would be in an open class and pretty much guaranteed us a record! So I added a tail to Andrews design and began to contact VW as a sponsor. Well entering into a corporate that has been bought by another company does not make for a good chance to find someone with the authority and vision to say YES.

The I spoke to a young man who is experienced with High Performance diesels on the dyno and he suggested I find a Cummins BT 3.9L . A call to Cummins Western Canada lead to a tired core and the rest is still developing. 1 engine - 4litre -front wheel drive .

No comments:

Post a Comment