Tuesday, March 27, 2007

The Summers Bros "POLYWOG"



Thanks to Bob and Peter's friend David Gray for loaning us a copy of the HOT ROD magazine that featured the car in MARCH 1963. I once had this article and it was an influence on the design I made for the Goldenhawk, although I had long since lost possession of my old magazines I made the first designs with the rear wheels in line like they did. We are somewhat handicapped in our design because we choose to use stock configuration of industrial 3.9 Cummins engine. This means without a dry sump oiling system it has to be 36" high plus the driver needs to see clearly over it. The next one if it happens will have quite a bit smaller frontal area and several more engines like the Summers Bros. GOLDENROD. (watch for a post of it)

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment