Monday, December 27, 2010

Memories at Christmas

Not all my memories from this time of year are happy. Back in 1965, on cold dark rainy night while traveling rather quick on a Vancouver Island twisting mountain road, made slick with oil dripping from logging (chip) trucks, in a car with bald tires, worn shocks and not equipped with seat belts, I lost control. The result was a slide, over correction and backing into a solid rock wall at about 55 mph, was that, this pretty 57 Pontiac was turned to junk. I was thrown out and bounce along in the rock ditch ahead of the wreck praying it would stop before I did! Good ending I was not injured and the car was still sort of drivable but severely bent in the middle,   later the car was hauled  to the scrapper. Remember, seat belts save lives and this was a lucky break. I always wore one after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment