Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Rookie Run for streamliner and pilot!

It is in preparation for the record attempt and to meet the requirements of SCTA/BNI safety rules that require every "new on the salt" driver and car to demonstrate both mechanical and mental readiness to the safety team and the driver 's team. In our case it proved very informative. I learned about the steering and handling of the Goldenhawk, its acceleration and directional stability. I also learned what to expect of the deployment of the chute. Most importantly I learned what we need to change to improve ergonomic of the cockpit. We will change the shifter position, the instrument panel, the steering wheel, brake and throttle positions, head restraints, leg restraints, and quick release for parachute anchor. All of these changes are in the works as I write this and more innovations are planned. I will post the progress as it happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment